Designing a living room can be stressful. Here are 10 things to focus on during the process that will make it easier for you.
- Lighting- A living room should be bright and beautiful. Natural light helps keep things warm and welcoming.
- Floor to Ceiling – Make sure you decorate from the floor to the ceiling. Add the necessary rugs, crown molding, and paint to make your room be the best it can be.
- Textures- Experiment with textures that are true to your style. The texture on pillows and blankets will add style to your living room.
- Pick One Color Scheme, and Stick to it!- One huge mistake that people make is that they pick several different colors that just don’t go together. Pick one color scheme and stick to it!
- Windows- A window treatment will make or break your room. Make sure your window treatment fits your style and is functional.
- A Center Table- The center table is one of the first things people look at. Choose one that will compliment your couch.
- Simple but Beautiful Decor- Don’t go overboard with the decor. Pick a few things that you love and add no more. Less is more when it comes to decor.
- Comfortability- A living room is where people are going to gather and conversate. Make sure you get a comfortable couch so your guests will enjoy being there.
- No TV- TV is a distraction can take away from conversations. Put the TV in a different part of the house.
- Make sure it’s inviting and personal!- Don’t forget to add your own personal touch. A personal touch looks different for everyone. Some people might add photos, an album, a book, a record player with their favorite record, or maybe even art that speaks to you. Add things that are easy conversation starters.
Hope you enjoyed these tips! Blessings!